News and Information
December 24, 2015 •
10 Things to Do to Get HR Organized
For human resource professionals, the perennial New Year’s resolution is to “be proactive.” What does it take to make this a reality? Here are 10 steps to follow:
- Prepare written job descriptions.
- Adopt clear recruitment and hiring procedures.
- Use clear and conspicuous disclaimers.
- Distribute written policies and procedures on harassment and discrimination.
- Adopt a written safety and health program.
- Establish coordinated programs for handling leaves of absence.
- Tighten up your benefits administration.
- Start training.
- Adopt communication and dispute resolution processes.
- Practice good recordkeeping.
For details, read the memo by Anna Elento-Sneed.
Back to News and Information